Trados 2014 didn't updating the memory
Thread poster: Tony Bennjamin

Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 20:53
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2015

I have ever used Trados 2011 and when I upgraded into Trados 2014, somehow translation memory didn't updated my work. A friend of mine was telling me that TM from Trados 2011 can be used in Trados 2014. After two years, I notice that my translation memory didn't update any words at all. It is remain blank though I had ticked the "update" box.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you for the help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:53
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Some ideas Aug 14, 2015

Your friend is right: A Studio 2011 TM can be used in Studio 2014.

I'm surprised you've worked for two years without noticing that your TM isn't being updated, but, in any case, here are some ideas that might solve the problem:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 20:53
Indonesian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the link Aug 15, 2015

Thank you for the link Ms. Emma Goldsmith. I had tried following the instruction in that link.

I had noticed it since two years ago, but I also had tried many ways to solve my own problem. However, after two years past, I still not found any solution.

Thanks anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 didn't updating the memory

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search