Trados 2014 didn't updating the memory
Thread poster: Tony Bennjamin

Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 19:27
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2015

I have ever used Trados 2011 and when I upgraded into Trados 2014, somehow translation memory didn't updated my work. A friend of mine was telling me that TM from Trados 2011 can be used in Trados 2014. After two years, I notice that my translation memory didn't update any words at all. It is remain blank though I had ticked the "update" box.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you for the help.

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 6

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:27
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Some ideas Aug 14, 2015

Your friend is right: A Studio 2011 TM can be used in Studio 2014.

I'm surprised you've worked for two years without noticing that your TM isn't being updated, but, in any case, here are some ideas that might solve the problem:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

Like 14

Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 19:27
Indonesian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the link Aug 15, 2015

Thank you for the link Ms. Emma Goldsmith. I had tried following the instruction in that link.

I had noticed it since two years ago, but I also had tried many ways to solve my own problem. However, after two years past, I still not found any solution.

Thanks anyway.

Like 17

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 didn't updating the memory

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search