Deleting a processed file from a Groupshare project?
Thread poster: Audrey Demers
Audrey Demers  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:24
English to French
Aug 17, 2015

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know a way to delete a file that has been added to a Groupshare project? I have no problem deleting a file from a local project, but cannot delete any files once they have been added on the server.

A bit of context : I sometimes need to delete a file because the client has send a revised version of a document. If the original document has not been translated yet, there is no point leaving it in the project; it makes it cluttered.

Thanks for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 05:24
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
The client probably has to delete the files in the project Aug 17, 2015

Hi!
I have tried the same as you, and my conclusion is that what you want to do, can't be done, as it's the client who has created the project for you, and, therefore, the client has to do the changes to it also.

If you create the project yourself, you should be fine, though.

And also, you can remove projects from the project view without actually delete them so as to reduce the clutter.

Roy

Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite this situation Aug 17, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Hi!
I have tried the same as you, and my conclusion is that what you want to do, can't be done, as it's the client who has created the project for you, and, therefore, the client has to do the changes to it also.

If you create the project yourself, you should be fine, though.

And also, you can remove projects from the project view without actually delete them so as to reduce the clutter.

Roy

I am the one creating the projects for my team and publishing them on Groupshare, our internal clients do not have access to Trados.

I can delete the file when it is a local project, but not once it has been published on Groupshare.

How do you remove the files from the project view?

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Sorry, didn't realise you were the creator of the groupwise project. Aug 17, 2015

So your first question I can't quite help you with. Don't know if you have to remove the project from the server and upload an updated project or what.

Regarding the other:
At least in my copy I just right click the project, and choose "Remove from list".

Roy

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
republish Aug 18, 2015

Hi Audrey,

I'm the Product Manager at SDL for SDL GroupShare.

Currently you can remove the project from the server, the project will then be local to you again and you can replace the file and then publish the project again to the server.

For the future it's certainly an area we want to improve, however it needs to be done carefully depending on where files are in the project lifecycle, i.e. already with the translator, already half translated etc.

Thanks,
Luis

Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 18, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Currently you can remove the project from the server, the project will then be local to you again and you can replace the file and then publish the project again to the server.

Thanks,
Luis

Thank you for your answer Luis.

I know how to republish, but I am not sure how to remove the project from the server. I am currently using Studio 2014. Could you give me more info?

Thanks!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
detail Aug 19, 2015

Hi Audrey,

Right-click the project in Studio and select "Delete Project" (we need to rename this, as it's not clear that it will keep the project locally).

You can then make changes to the project and publish it again.

Thanks,
Luis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting a processed file from a Groupshare project?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search