Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:41
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 19, 2015

Hello
I've upgraded to Studio 2014 (from Studio 2009). I'm running it on Parallel / MacBook.
I've uninstalled Studio 2009 and installed Studio 2014, activated the new license.
Now, I've two issues.
First, I'm trying to associate the Studio sdlxliff files to this program, (the sdl blue icon for the sdlxliff and the package for the sdlproj) but I can't find what to associate it. Moreover, I see Studio in the Start Menu, but when I try to associate it to the file I can't find it, it seems this folder is not visible.

Second, it apepars the layout is very small. For instance, the names of the languafes when I selected them are very smal almost invisible, the TM concordance window is small (although I had set it up for several occurrences) and only shows one occurrence per time, to get the others you ned to scroll it.
May this be a problem of Java update?

Thanks a lot
Lucia

Direct link Reply with quote

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
This Aug 19, 2015

Manu Windows applications can't handle Retina screen resolution.

See http://kb.parallels.com/en/114700

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
File associations are installed by default Aug 19, 2015

Lucia

There should not be any need to link the file extensions SDLXLIFF and SDLPROJ to Studio as this is done automatically on installation. If it hasn't, something went wrong with your installation (or you uninstalled Studio 2009 after having installed S2014, which would also remove the links).

You can solve the problem by running a repair or manually by linking the extension to "c:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio3\".

Concerning the font size, you can change the size of the font in the Concordance window in "File - Options - Editor - Concordance window" (as well as other Studio windows).

The font size you saw in the language selection dialogue however is the Windows font, so if you want this one bigger, you need to modify your windows font size to 125% or higher (this is what most users with high DPI monitors do). This will affect all your programs, not only Studio.

Walter

Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, but not working Aug 19, 2015

Joakim,
thanks for your tip, I looked into your parallel link, but it seems a different thing.

Walter,
I think you're right. Perhaps I uninstalled 2009 after installing 2014, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, I'm trying to go the window to associate the file to a program, Studio3 and then the Studio application but it doesn't match.

But, the most annoying issue is that I can see only one line for the concordance (and scoll down to check any other occurrence) and the icons above such as Save, etc are really small, almost invisible like points. I already got this issue while adding the 5 langueges, as they looked half (the name of the language was cut and I only view the upper part of the line).

I'm trying to enlarge to view of the TM concordance, but no way to do it.

Thanks anyway for your tips

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 - Association and layout issues

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search