Trados 2011 - Searching and editing terms/segments
Thread poster: Agrita

Agrita
Latvia
Local time: 17:17
English to Latvian
+ ...
Aug 20, 2015

I have already translated all of the text, but now the client has sent glossary and I see that I have to find and correct some terms. How can I do this?
I know that I can find separate terms using Concordance Search, but where can I see which segment is that in order to be able to find it quickly and correct where necessary?

I hope that someone can help me.
Thank you in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Elif Baykara  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 18:17
Member (2015)
German to Turkish
+ ...
You can use find and replace Aug 20, 2015

Just like in word..

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:17
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Translation status in Trados 2011 Aug 21, 2015

Agrita wrote:
I have already translated all of the text, but now the client has sent glossary and I see that I have to find and correct some terms. How can I do this?
I know that I can find separate terms using Concordance Search, but where can I see which segment is that in order to be able to find it quickly and correct where necessary?

Thank you in advance!

If you have translated through Trados, reset the translation of bilingual file to "untranslate" status. The glossary can be installed to Trados MultiTerm and check for match and you can revise your translation accordingly.

Soonthon L.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:17
English
I think... Aug 21, 2015

... that Soonthon meant you can add your new Termbase to the Studio project and then use the Terminology verifier to check your project against the new termbase. This will give you a list of segments where you have not used the approved terminology in your new termbase and then you can work through them and correct them.

You can find the Terminology verifier for your project in Project -> Project Settings -> Verification -> terminology Verifier -> Verification Settings

Once your termbase is added these settings become active and you can, for example, use "Check for possible non-usage of target terms". Then save your settings and press F8 to run the verification check with the editor open.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 - Searching and editing terms/segments

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search