Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:48
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 24, 2015

Hi everybody,
I was working on a project in trados 2015 with about 300 files, for about 36000 words.
Some moments ago, I opened a new project, Trados crashed and the first project that had been saved on the desktop disappeared.
Could somebody tell me where the project has gone?
Thank you for your help!
Bruno

I just found it, I don't know why but it had been moved into another folder on the desktop.
Due to the tiredness I was really scared!

[Edited at 2015-08-24 20:03 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You don't know where you saved the job on your hard disk? Aug 24, 2015

I prefer to save jobs in a job folder for each client so that it's easy to find back to it.

But otherwise I believe the default folder is
C:\Users\Roy\Studio 2015

Of course, you would have to replace my name with whatever your Windows user name is.

Hope that will help you find it.
Roy

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ghosts in trados? Aug 25, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I prefer to save jobs in a job folder for each client so that it's easy to find back to it.

But otherwise I believe the default folder is
C:\Users\Roy\Studio 2015

Of course, you would have to replace my name with whatever your Windows user name is.

Hope that will help you find it.
Roy

Dear Roy,
thank you for your reply.
I know it seems strange, but the folder containing the project was on the desktop.
When I opened a new project in Trados, it crashed and when I reopened it the first project I was working on disappeared from the projects tab.
But the strange this is that it disappeared also from the desktop, moving into a different folder on the desktop..By the way, if I go to C:\Users\my name, I cannot find any Trados folder..

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It is a dodgy ghost! Aug 25, 2015

But this article might be useful as it is easy to misplace things sometimes, especially if you don't use the defaults:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2015/06/27/bwypi/

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job folder disappeared!

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search