Can't open my file based TM
Thread poster: Robert Rietvelt

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:14
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 25, 2015

If the problem has been discussed before, sorry, but I couldn't find it.

I received a SDL Xliff file (without TM, only a document), made up in US-English. I can open it in SDL 2014, but when I want to open my file based TM UK-English, I receive the message 'The translation provider does not support any language pair in this project or project template'.

What normally works for files delivered with TM's in a different language pair is click on the source language under Project settings - click on 'Translation Memory and Automated Translation' - click on the box 'Use different translation providers for this language pair'. And I can open my file based TM.

In this case I receive the following message: 'Do you want to copy the translation memories and automated translation servers from All Language Pairs?', including a warning that this action might overwrite my previous settings. I have no idea if I want to do that or not, but it doesn't matter, because in both occasions (Yes or No) I get the message: 'The translation provider does not support this language pair XX-XX'.

In short, I have a Xliff file (EN-US) I have to translate and I want to make use of my file based TM (EN-UK), but can't open it.

Does somebody knows how to solve this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Just as a quick response ... Aug 25, 2015

... I believe there are plug-in apps available from the OpenExchange that give you more flexibility with your languages.
As an alternative you could open the SDLXLIFF file in a text editor and change all entries with "en-US" to "en-GB" and open your XLIFF in Studio afresh.
HTH
-Mike-

Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am not sure what you mean Aug 25, 2015

Marketing-Lang. wrote:

... I believe there are plug-in apps available from the OpenExchange that give you more flexibility with your languages.
As an alternative you could open the SDLXLIFF file in a text editor and change all entries with "en-US" to "en-GB" and open your XLIFF in Studio afresh.
HTH
-Mike-

I found an app, but I don't know how to realise part 2 of your answer. When I want to open the file, Studio opens automatically, and still no show!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You don't mention what... Aug 25, 2015

.... version of Studio or what app?

But basically you use AnyTM which will allow you to add your TM irrespective of the languages used for your Project. This articles might help:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2014/02/12/supertm/

If you have Studio 2015 this is actually built into the product and you don't need to download the AnyTM app.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 26, 2015

By the way, I did mention the version: SDL 2014 (see my initial question), but I also have 2015, so good to know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open my file based TM

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search