Thread poster: NathalieHerbert
NathalieHerbert
Germany
Local time: 01:47
English to French
+ ...
Aug 26, 2015

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded Trados 2011 to Trados 2015 on my Windows 10-Computer but since then, I am unable to normally translate any Excel-File. There is no Error-Message, only an empty sdlxliff-file with one or two words in it.
I tried to change the File Type from Bilingual Exel to Microsoft Excel 2007-2013 but it still is not working. In addition, when I tried to use the Bilingual Excel File with the correct columns, Trados only recognized the text on one tab.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
Can someone help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Do you use the standard project template from Studio 2015? Aug 26, 2015

Nathalie

Please check that your default project template (File - Options - Setup - Project Templates" is the one that came with Studio 2015 and not a project template migrated from your old Studio 2011.
If you base your projects on a pre-2015 template, you may face this problem as the file types are different (and the Bilingual Excel did to exist in 2011).

Walter

NathalieHerbert
Germany
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still isn't working... Aug 26, 2015

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your fast answer!
I just tried again with the default project template from studio 2015 but I still have the same problem.
Do you maybe have another idea of what could cause this?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help, Trados 2015 cannot recognise words in Excel-Files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search