How to import exported TXT TM into Studio 2015
Thread poster: Josef Šoltes

Josef Šoltes  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:46
Member (2013)
English to Czech
Aug 28, 2015

Until recently, I had Studio 2014, where everything worked like a charm. It just automatically updated TM and there you went. Now in Studio, they again disabled this option or at least it is hidden somewhere. Could you help with that? Or do I have to go through Workbench again? They made perfect tool, so they had to cripple it little to be able to continue their work...

Direct link Reply with quote

Czech Republic
Member (2013)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, I am idiot Aug 28, 2015

Ok, I am an idiot. Disregard my question, it is actually very simple.

Afidi Towo
Local time: 12:46
English to French
Please share the solution... Mar 30, 2016

...because I'm an idiot too and can't find it I'm desesperately trying to import a .txt TM in my Studio 2015 TM.

Thanks

Czech Republic
Member (2013)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Simply open it Mar 30, 2016

Simply choose Add option in Studio TM manager, then File based translation memory and then in opened dialog select correct format. TMX and txt is included.

[Edited at 2016-03-30 14:51 GMT]

Afidi Towo
English to French
Thanks but... Mar 30, 2016

...I can't find any TM Manager. I use SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance. Any idea?

Thanks for your help,

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Not Import... Mar 30, 2016

... as this does not include TXT. You can only import TMX, TTX, ITD, SDLXLIFF, SDLALIGN files into an SDLTM.

But you can use the upgrade route and this allows you to upgrade a TXT TM with your SDLTM and merge them into one if you like. These videos may help you:

https://youtu.be/bfGJYTisNr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFYqXJVyraM

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

Czech Republic
Member (2013)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, my bad Mar 30, 2016

Afidi Towo wrote:

...I can't find any TM Manager. I use SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance. Any idea?

Thanks for your help,

Well, sorry, TM Manager is simply tab in Project Settings window. Open Project Settings for your project, here you will find tab Language Pairs - All language pairs - TM and from this windows you simply click on "Add" and then "File Based Translation Memory". Then in opened window choose tmx or txt file format and thats it.

I am pretty bad in explaining things, sorry, I did not wrote this on first try.

[Edited at 2016-03-30 20:31 GMT]

Afidi Towo
English to French
Thanks Mar 31, 2016

Your explanations are clear Josef, but there's no possibility to choose a txt file. Perhaps you meant "ttx" and not "txt"? Anyhow the solution proposed by Paul works, so thanks to both of you.

Czech Republic
Member (2013)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Not really sure, what is this then Mar 31, 2016

Afidi Towo wrote:

Your explanations are clear Josef, but there's no possibility to choose a txt file. Perhaps you meant "ttx" and not "txt"? Anyhow the solution proposed by Paul works, so thanks to both of you.

Thats not true, what is this then:

http://s18.postimg.org/4wavququ1/screen.jpg

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
That is not the import menu! Mar 31, 2016

It's just the open memory window.

Czech Republic
Member (2013)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
And?? Mar 31, 2016

Sure, it is. But why not use it to import TM? You open txt memory, automatically update it to sdlxliff and then use export and import or merge. Easiest and fastest way to do it.

Tom Tyson  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:46
German to English
I think Josef is right Jun 9, 2016

I have just added a txt TM to a project in Studio 2015 without having to convert anything. I downloaded the TM form a colleague and saved it as normal in a Windows folder, where it now appears both as a txt filoe and as a file that looks like any other SDL TM file (as in Josef's screenshot). I can open it in Studio and edit it, whatever.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import exported TXT TM into Studio 2015

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search