ritz mollema  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 16:37
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 2, 2015

Hi y'all,

I waited a whole week before SDL support came to me this morning with a surprising suggestion. Since my 2011 licence refuses to deactivate/activate SDL warned me that they cannot guarantee that Trados will work under the Windows 10 platform. I work on a Surface Pro 3 machine and it worked perfectly fine on all of the preview versions for more than a year and also on the upgraded Windows 10 version. Well, Trados 2015 works fine on it as well and I am sure that 2011 will again at some point. Or has anyone of you experienced any issues under Windows 10?

Best regards,
Ritz Mollema

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:37
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Why 2011? Sep 2, 2015

Is there any reason why you should use 2011 when you have 2015?

ritz mollema  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2015 trial period Sep 2, 2015

Yo! I wasn't very clear, you're right. Since my 2011 copy wasn't working I installed 2015 using the trial period of 1 month. I made a clean Windows 10 install.

[Bijgewerkt op 2015-09-02 14:01 GMT]

Adrien Esparron
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
It works... Sep 2, 2015

and I'm surprised with the SDL's answer. 2011 runs under Java so there is no problem with Win 10, as I could experiment. The licence question is another one. No idea.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL advises me not to install Trados under Windows 10

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search