Lucia Messuti Italy Local time: 13:11 Member (2003) English to Italian + ...
Sep 3, 2015
I've just switched from Studio 2009 to Studio 2014.
I've installed it and everything looked fine.
But one of my clients, sending me sdlxliff files (they have studio 2014) get an error when they receive translated files from me and they cannot open the file.
This error is "Name cannot beging with ' ' character, hexadecimal...."
This is strange as later, I re-save the file and magically it is fine.
I usually do the following:
- File > Translate Single Document
- Save (with the Disk icon or "save as")
It creates an SDLXLIFF file - an SDLPROJ file and a Folder (in italian it is Cartella di file). The SDLXLIFF file extension has the extension of the source original file (ex, xls, docx) while the SDLPROJ file extension is for instance en-GB_it-it (whih are source and target languages).
This is very annoying as I never know if the file is ok or not. This didn't jhappen with Studio 2009.
Do you have any idea?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.
SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.