https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/290827-trados_keeps_changing_to_file_view.html

Trados keeps changing to file view
Thread poster: Toby Wakely
Toby Wakely
Toby Wakely  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:39
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 4, 2015

Hi, I´m using Trados 2014 and translating a Word file, but every time I confirm a segment the screen automatically changes from the home view to the file view. So, I am constantly having to change views. Does anyone know how I can get it to stick in the home view? Many thanks

Irene McClure
Irene McClure
French to English
+ ...
Pin it? Sep 4, 2015

Hi Twakely - have you tried 'pinning' the home taskbar to the top of your screen?

Click on the 'Home' tab, then click on the little horizontal pin on the far right of the task bar (if you hover over it it reads 'Expand the Ribbon'). That keeps the home task bar open all the time.

Hope this helps - sorry if I've misunderstood your question!

Irene

elsbeth van der spek

Toby Wakely
Toby Wakely  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Sep 4, 2015

Irene, your a star! Yes, it worked, thank you very much indeed.

Irene McClure
Irene McClure
French to English
+ ...
No problem! Sep 4, 2015

Glad to be of help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados keeps changing to file view

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »