Copy source to target command keys on Mac keyboard
Thread poster: Caitlan Kennedy

Caitlan Kennedy
Netherlands
Local time: 02:16
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 5, 2015

I am running Studio on my Mac in Parallels, which is running smoothly so far (fingers crossed) but I have not been able to find the Mac equivalent of the "Copy source to target command" Ctr+Ins. Does anyone know how to do this on a Mac keyboard? TIA

TechStyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:16
alt-fn-M or remapkeys Sep 5, 2015

The Insert key is apparently represented by fn-M (unless you have a numeric keypad, in which case you can use fn-0 with the zero key on there, but not the one above the letters) - so holding down alt, then fn, then pressing M may give you the intended result.

It doesn't always work, apparently, so you may find a better longterm solution is to use a different key for it: there is a free download from Microsoft called 'remapkeys' which lets you do this.

2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:16
You can change the keyboard shortcut Sep 7, 2015

You can assign any keyboard shortcut on your Apple keyboard:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%2009.29.23.png

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy source to target command keys on Mac keyboard

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search