Trados 7 issues
Thread poster: Chris Bruton

Chris Bruton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:03
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
Sep 6, 2015

Okay, I confess I have not used Trados 7 in a while. However, the last time I did it seemed to be working reasonably well. Now every time I try to load a segment it looks like this and fails to got to the next segment. Any ideas?

Calcule en forma gratuita e instantánea su ÍNDICE DE MASA CORPORAL

{} Calculate your BODY MASS INDEX instantly and for free

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:03
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I haven't used Trados 7 in a while either... Sep 7, 2015

One reason for not using Trados 7 any more was that I had increasing problems like that with source texts in newer versions of Word.

Anything later than 2003 had to be converted to the older format, or Trados would simply refuse to clean it up.

The good news was that saving the uncleaned file as an earlier form of Word sometimes helped, but I was also getting issues with the Word conversion - suddenlyspacesbetweenwords woulddisappear...

Updating does cost a little, but it has saved some headaches and paid for itself on time saved avoiding hassle. Studio 2009 came with a few bugs, but Studio 2014 can cope with 'legacy' formats. Studio 2015 finally has AutoCorrect, the only feature I have missed from the old Workbench versions of Trados.

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:03
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
The curse of the curly brackets... Sep 7, 2015

...as I seem to recall this particular issue.

Something got messed up in your start and end tags - possibly by entering some text in tag style.

In file tag view:

- Select the entire offending text, including the curly brackets. Eliminate all the formatting by pressing Ctrl+space.

- Delete the curly brackets and the translated text.

Run the Fix document command (I don't recall very well what it does but it should be a good thing to do anyway).

You should be ready to go.

HTH,

Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 issues

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search