Studio 2014 - Error message: There is an unclosed literal string. Line 2, position 6121.
Thread poster: Julien Bodard

Julien Bodard
Local time: 14:13
Sep 7, 2015

Hi All,

I have been working with an individual TTX file in Studio 2014.
I saved it. Now, I can't open that particular file anymore. Everytime I try, I get the following message: 'There is an unclosed literal string. Line 2, position 6121'. No other message.

Any idea what could be the cause and how to resolve it ?

Many thanks,

Julien Bodard

Direct link Reply with quote

TechStyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:13
Corrupt file Sep 7, 2015

Usually that would mean the file has become corrupt in some way - perhaps it was chopped off at some point?

No guarantees - damage is sometimes beyond any repair - but if I saw the file I might be able to salvage it, if it's not too sensitive and you don't mind sending it?

(There was a thread in the Forums here a few days ago about backup software, some of which lets you dig out the previous version of a file so you could find the last one that still opens OK: I take it you don't have that?)

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - Error message: There is an unclosed literal string. Line 2, position 6121.

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search