Thread poster: Helen Matthews

Helen Matthews  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:41
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 8, 2015

I've just upgraded to Trados Studio 2015 and am finding that if I have termbases enabled (as I always have done in the past with previous versions of Studio), 2015 is particularly slow.

In practical terms, this means that if I start writing a word that begins with the same letter/letters as a term I have in an enabled termbase, but do not wish to use the termbase term (e.g. I have the word "insurance" in the termbase, but I wish to write the word "interest"), it is so slow in recognising this that inevitably it skips my second letter (so instead of writing "interest" it comes up as "iterest")....

I have verified that this is the problem by trying to disable various other features (autocorrect etc.) but it is only the termbases that are the problem.... yet this was not the case with Studio 2014....

Help please!!! Otherwise I'm going to have to go back to 2014!!!

Thanks,
Helen

_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:41
English to German
Same issue Sep 8, 2015

This appears to be the same issue:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/287630-studio_2015_as_conflicts_with_actual_keystrokes.html

Does AS work for you when you remove the termbases?

Stephan

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same issue Sep 8, 2015

Yes, you are right - it does appear to be the same issue - sorry, I did search the forums but it's a tricky one to describe accurately!!

No, if I remove the termbases I get no AS either.... this is ridiculous - hope someone from Trados is sorting this out right now!!!

So, I can either get it to work (i.e. without missing keystrokes) by disabling termbases or by disabling AS - same end result though... great, I get autocorrect but I can't use my termbases + AS any more!!

Anyone found an acceptable solution yet?

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using AS without termbases Sep 8, 2015

If you enable an empty termbase, you can use AS (i.e. its other functions will work), but this still doesn't solve the problem of actually being able to use termbases.....

[Edited at 2015-09-08 16:24 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 slow in using termbases

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search