How to set up Studio's QA to be as efficient as Xbench
Thread poster: pcs_MCIL
Sep 8, 2015

I have been recently introduced to Xbench by a client of mine and I am amazed about how powerful it is. I am also wondering why Studio QA settings cannot reproduce similar results. My QA settings are quite basic, maybe someone more experienced can help me fine-tune them to reach the level of efficiency I get with Xbench.

I am simply reluctant to spend other $$$ for an additional tool when Studio could easily do the work.

Maria Simmen
Germany
Local time: 12:08
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
As far as I know Sep 9, 2015

it's not possible to fine tune Studio in a way that matches XBench. I'm using quite specific QA settings in Studio, yet XBench consistently picks up more issues. In my experience they complement each other nicely, for example XBench doesn't flag tag issuse but Studio does, I think. If anyone else knows more about that, I'd like to learn more about that, too!

However, XBench 2.9 is free. It doesn't have the convenient Studio plug-in capability XBench 3.0 has, but other than that, I still find it extremely helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to set up Studio's QA to be as efficient as Xbench

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search