Maria Grazia Weiner
Maria Grazia Weiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:23
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 9, 2015

I have purchased Studio 2015 Freelance Plus update. As I wished to keep both 2014 and 2015 on the same machine, I started by installing it first on my laptop by following to the letter the instructions given to me by e-mail, more precisely:

1. I did not deactivate Studio 2014
2. I installed Studio 2015
3. I did not activate Studio 2015 from the software
4. I accessed instead my account, selected Check for Upgrade and Process to update my existing licences.
... See more
I have purchased Studio 2015 Freelance Plus update. As I wished to keep both 2014 and 2015 on the same machine, I started by installing it first on my laptop by following to the letter the instructions given to me by e-mail, more precisely:

1. I did not deactivate Studio 2014
2. I installed Studio 2015
3. I did not activate Studio 2015 from the software
4. I accessed instead my account, selected Check for Upgrade and Process to update my existing licences.

The licence 1+1 upgraded correctly and I can still open and work in Studio 2014 both on the laptop and desktop. However Studio 2015 can be run only on Trial mode, which will expire in a week, when I was told that I could run them both 2014 and 2015 side by side on the same machine with 2015 not in the Trial mode.

As I will not be using Studio 2015 in the near future as the majority of my Studio clients have not upgraded, I wish to uninstall it now that the trial period is coming to an end.

If I uninstall 2015 from my laptop, will I still be able to use 2014, i.e. the upgraded licences 1+1 will still be valid until I decide to activate 2015? Or How can I get my 2014 licences until I will install and activate 2015 on both my machines?

Thank you for your advise

Grazia Weiner
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:23
English to Russian
Use 2015... Sep 9, 2015

When I found myself in the same situation, they suggested that I use SDL Trados Studio 2015.
'It's a very good piece of software. Why you want your 2014 license back? Your clients won't see any difference because 2014 and 2015 are compatible. Just believe: you do not need 2014 any more. Enjoy 2015.'.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:23
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Why would you want to uninstall 2015? Sep 9, 2015

My experience is that I can work in 2015 even if the agency is using 2014, so I would keep 2015.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
Uninstalling Studio 2015 Sep 9, 2015

Hi Maria,

After checking your SDL account- I see that you have physically upgraded your license to Studio 2015.

This means as long as you have NOT deactivated Studio 2014 you can have both 2014 and 2015 running side by side.
This is indeed the case until you try to move (or indeed reinstall) the software (2014) to a different PC.

As mentioned by Roy, there is absolutely no reason to uninstall Studio 2015- which is fully backwards compatible.
You
... See more
Hi Maria,

After checking your SDL account- I see that you have physically upgraded your license to Studio 2015.

This means as long as you have NOT deactivated Studio 2014 you can have both 2014 and 2015 running side by side.
This is indeed the case until you try to move (or indeed reinstall) the software (2014) to a different PC.

As mentioned by Roy, there is absolutely no reason to uninstall Studio 2015- which is fully backwards compatible.
Your client would not even know you used 2015 as opposed to 2014.

Kr

SDL_Steve
Collapse

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:23
German to English
SDL is in trial mode! Sep 9, 2015

Am I missing the point here, but Maria said she wants to use 2015, but it is only running in trial mode and that ends soon.

I agree with everybody else, don't uninstall 2015. But it is a licensing problem that needs sorting out here!

Perhaps Steve can have another look into it for Maria.

Regards,
Ben

Maria Grazia Weiner
Maria Grazia Weiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unistalling 2015 (running in trial even after physical upgrade of the licence Sep 9, 2015

Ben thank you. You did understand perfectly.

Steve, as you confirmed it now, I did physically upgrade the licence. Theoretically I could run the two versions side by side.

But this is not the case. 2014 runs on both machines. But on the laptop where I did install it first, 2015 runs only on trial mode. The problem is not that I do not wish to use 2015, but I want to do so in my own time without being bound by a 30 days trial. Contrary to what I was told and after havi
... See more
Ben thank you. You did understand perfectly.

Steve, as you confirmed it now, I did physically upgrade the licence. Theoretically I could run the two versions side by side.

But this is not the case. 2014 runs on both machines. But on the laptop where I did install it first, 2015 runs only on trial mode. The problem is not that I do not wish to use 2015, but I want to do so in my own time without being bound by a 30 days trial. Contrary to what I was told and after having installed it according to instructions, 2015 is still running only in trial mode and in a week it will expire. I haven't yet had any time to explore it to my satisfaction. Then I will have to customize it according to my needs as I have done with Studio 2014 and I do not wish to do so when I have deadlines to meet. So far I only accessed once for a very short period.
When I did install 2014, it did not run on trial mode, so I had plenty of time to customize it at my leisure, even though most of the my setting were maintained from the previous version.

When I launch 2015, the Activation screen appears and either I must activate it from the software (thus being unable to run 2014) or Continue with the trial version for another week.

Why is it running on trial mode?

Thank you for an explanation.

Grazia
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
Studio 2015 in trial mode. Sep 9, 2015

Hi Maria,

The reason that Studio 2015 is still running in trial mode is that you have not yet activated it.

All you have to do is log in to your SDL account/LICENSES- then scroll to Studio 2015 - and then above you will see a code beginning with c1c7.........- this is the code you must use to activate Studio 2015.
You see -IN USE 0.0 and Available 1.1 (meaning no license so far activated and two activations available.

Once activated the license have
... See more
Hi Maria,

The reason that Studio 2015 is still running in trial mode is that you have not yet activated it.

All you have to do is log in to your SDL account/LICENSES- then scroll to Studio 2015 - and then above you will see a code beginning with c1c7.........- this is the code you must use to activate Studio 2015.
You see -IN USE 0.0 and Available 1.1 (meaning no license so far activated and two activations available.

Once activated the license have no expiry and you can use it when you want.

SDL_Steve
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uninstalling Studio 2015

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »