Studio 2014 versus 2015
Thread poster: Robert Rietvelt

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:23
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 10, 2015

I read that Studio 2014 and 2015 are totally compatible, but I still have clients who (almost) beg me to use 2014, because they don't have 2015 (yet), so I do, but .... I consider it as ludicrous to have two more or less equal systems on my computer.

For them I use 2014, better save then to be sorry.

So, for once and for all, I would like to know (= to hear from SDL) if a client send me a 2014 package, can I do the job in 2015? (with no risk for the client!)

Just a "yes you can" or a "no, because ...." suffice.

And while we are at it, what is the story with 2009 and 2011?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Should not be any problem Sep 12, 2015

Robert

Basically, you should not face any problems translating 2014 packages in Studio 2015, as long as the package has been created in Studio 2014.

The only situation where problems may arise is if you create a package in 2015 and send it to your client who uses 2014. In that case, he might not be able to do a preview or save as target in situations where you used a file type that is newer than the one used in 2014 (such as the new 2016 word filetype).

Walter

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 13, 2015

Rob

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 versus 2015

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search