Thread poster: Harald Roald

Harald Roald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:28
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 12, 2015

hi

I have a problem locating the Tools Menu in Trados 2014 - it seems to be not present (anymore)

Does anyone know how/where to find it in Trados - I have used it before - or reset Trados to default settings so it will be present again?

thanks a mil

Harald

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Ribbon Sep 12, 2015

The toolbar with the tools tab was part of Studio 2011. In Studio 2014 it was replaced with the ribbon.
If you can't see the ribbon at all, click Control+F1, which toggles the ribbon on and off.

I can't really remember which features were available under the "tools" tab in Studio 2011. If you're missing anything in particular, either search for it in the Help files (Click F1) or ask here.

If you're looking for general options (I think this may have been one of the options in Tools), then you'll find it in Studio 2014 under the File tab.

Spain
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still does not seem to work Sep 13, 2015

thanks for your answer

Im still not able to access it though

basically what I need, it to change the settings to auto-propagate target strings - as they are quite tag heavy. And I cant get to that feature for some reason

Harald

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
auto-propagation and how to copy source to target Sep 13, 2015

Harald Roald wrote:

basically what I need, it to change the settings to auto-propagate target strings - as they are quite tag heavy.

Harald

Go to file>options>Editor>autopropagation to change these settings.

As you mention tag heavy segments, maybe you are looking for "Copy source to target"? You can do this segment by segment by right-clicking a segment and selecting "Copy source to target".

To see how to copy all source segments to target, see this thread:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/291269-trados_2015_copy_source_to_target_clear_target.html

And to do it before you start work on a project, go to File>options>language pairs>All language pairs>Batch processing>Pre-translate files>Copy source to target.

Spain
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Sep 13, 2015

thanks Emma for taking your time out of your weekend to help me - I FINALLY found the options menu (spent hours looking for it)

have a great Sunday

Harald

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tools menu in Trados 2014 missing

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search