Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:34
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 13, 2015

Hello everyone

At the bottom right of the screen in the Editor window there is the option to show the number of segments (and number of segments remaining). In Trados 2011, this count was per file (i.e. it showed the numbers for the current file). However, Trados 2015 appears to show the counts per project (i.e. all files in the project). Is there a way to return it to the 2011 behaviour, i.e. show the number of segments in the *current* file?

Thanks
Samuel

==

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:34
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One possible cause... Sep 13, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:
However, Trados 2015 appears to show the counts per project (i.e. all files in the project). Is there a way to return it to the 2011 behaviour, i.e. show the number of segments in the *current* file?

I've discovered that the default "view" in Trados 2015 is the merged one, so the large count that I saw was for the entire "view", which consisted of more than one file. It confused me because I scrolled down to the last segment in the Editor window, and the number of the last segment was much lower than the number of the total segments shown in the counter.

If this is indeed what had happened, then my next question would probably be: where does one control the views (i.e. where does one deselect the behaviour whereby Trados merges all files into one view).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015: How to make progress counter show per-file information

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search