Thread poster: Kjetil Kiran

Kjetil Kiran  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 02:31
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Sep 14, 2015

So, I recently installer Trados Studio 2015 on Windows 10, and have encountered an EXTREMELY annoying bug that directly affect the translation.

I started noticing that Trados Studio 2015 did not register all my key inputs when writing (I never had this problem in Studio 2014). Often a space would be missing, so I started checking why. Turns out that when you are writing in the target segment, and the auto suggest pops up to suggest a translation for the rest of the sentence, the space is lost if you do not use the suggestion. It does not happen all the time, but often enough for me to notice it only minutes after starting to use Trados Studio 2015. Seems to be some bad coding or something with the way auto suggest works.

[Edited at 2015-09-14 10:44 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-09-14 10:45 GMT]

Norway
Member (2010)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lag Sep 14, 2015

I also notice some "lag" when writing, that was not present in 2014. The letters don't show up instantly, they seem to have like a 0,1 second delay or something. This also happens with autosuggest turned off.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Support Update Sep 14, 2015

Hi Kjetil

Thanks for your feedback regarding SDL Studio 2015, indeed this is a known issue with SDL Studio 2015. This issue has been logged with the SDL Development team and the fix will be available in the update for Studio which will be delivered through the Auto-Update function in Studio.

Thanks
Fasil

SDL Community Team

tvtruc
Vietnam
Local time: 07:31
English to Vietnamese
Annoying indeed Sep 24, 2015

I also find AutoSuggest in SDL Trados Studio 2015 is so annoying that I have to turn it off. When there are matches found if I keep typing, most of what I have typed will be lost. It's kind of force you to use one of the suggestions, doesn't matter if you like it or not.

I capture this on video at: https://youtu.be/IMYWP6rVmRs

JoelD  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:31
Japanese to English
Thanks for the video Sep 24, 2015

Thanks for the video tvtruc.

This is also discussed here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/289843-sdl_studio_2015_and_dragon_problem_with_autosuggest_and_termbases.html

and here

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/287630-studio_2015_as_conflicts_with_actual_keystrokes.html

Waiting for the update with bated breath!!

tvtruc
Vietnam
Local time: 07:31
English to Vietnamese
Real pain Sep 25, 2015

Thanks Joel!

Hope they will get it fixed it soon.

I wish I did not upgrade.

Mason Hiatt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:31
Portuguese to English
Other autosuggest bugs with voice recognition Sep 28, 2015

With the previous service pack update, I had to turn autosuggest off altogether to use my voice recognition software and I was not pleased with this.

Now I thought it might be safe to turn it back on again and what do I find? If I say "Question Mark" Trados writes a slash, which is the non-shift input of the ? mark key. This is TOO weird.

I can say that not being able to use autosuggest with voice recognition is making Memoq my go-to CAT tool. Trados is really missing the boat on this one.

Pavel Slama  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:31
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Great Oct 20, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

... This issue has been logged with the SDL Development team and the fix will be available in the update for Studio ...

Great news Fasil. Any time soon?

[Edited at 2015-10-20 16:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-10-20 16:13 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Possibly... Oct 20, 2015

... this week... maybe even tomorrow.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Not related to Windows 10 Oct 21, 2015

I also occasionally suffer from the letter eater bug in Studio 2015 on Windows 8.1

Norway
Member (2010)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eating letters fixed, but is there a capital letters problem? Oct 27, 2015

Sometimes the text I write suddenly switches to capital letters, without me being near the shift button. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it a problem with my computer? It only happens in Trados, though ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2015: Extremely annoying bug with auto suggest

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search