How to merge two different translations with the same source texts into one single file
Thread poster: Peggy Lin
Peggy Lin
Peggy Lin  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 12:12
Chinese to English
+ ...
Sep 15, 2015

Hello all,

I took over an unfinished Trados project from a translator, but he made quite a lot of amendments to his previous translation. Now I need to combine his part (segment 1 to segment 6,563) with mine (segment 6,564 to segment 12,305). This project came with a TM, but I suppose his TM would be different from mine, right? What is the quickest way to merge our translations together, the first half to be his and second half to be mine? Thanks in advance.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:12
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Could you export his translation to a TM? Sep 15, 2015

Then you could pretranslate the whole project, including your, with this TM?

Another possibility would perhaps be to create an External View of both parts and copy his segments into your External View file?

Or perhaps there is something I don't quite see?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to merge two different translations with the same source texts into one single file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »