Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 15, 2015

Hello everyone

I have a Trados 2015 job and about half of the segments are non-translatable. I know this because they contain no spaces, and all contain at least one underscore. So I'm hoping that I can filter out those segments.

I've figured out how to filter those segments IN (you have to press Enter after typing the filter text), but not how to filter them OUT. How does one apply the opposite of a filter, in Trados 2015? Or, how can I tell Trados 2015 to display only the segments that do NOT contain the filter text?

Thanks
Samuel

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More filter questions Sep 15, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:
I've figured out how to filter those segments IN (you have to press Enter after typing the filter text), but not how to filter them OUT.

Following Emma's post I managed to filter those segments IN, then mark then as Draft, and then filter on Untranslated (which removed those segments from the display).

But I want more: the text contains many repetitions, and I don't want to see the repetitions -- I only want to see the first occurrence of each repetition. Is that possible?

Alternatively, how can I combine filters? There is an option to filter repetitions in, but if I use that option, then the Draft segments reappear. No, I do not want the Draft segments to appear, ever (until I say so), but I also want the repetitions to be filtered in. Can that be done?

==
Oh, another question. Some of the segments contain camelcase, and I don't want to see those segments either. Is there a way to use regex in the filter dialog, so that I can filter in segments with camelcase (and then filter them out by marking them as Draft as well)?

[Edited at 2015-09-15 13:42 GMT]

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Regex Sep 15, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:
Oh, another question. Some of the segments contain camelcase, and I don't want to see those segments either. Is there a way to use regex in the filter dialog, so that I can filter in segments with camelcase (and then filter them out by marking them as Draft as well)?

Yes, thanks to some clues here:
http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/08/24/regex-pt1/

It would appear that Trados 2015's term for "regex" is "Case Sensitive". If the filter is not set to "case sensitive", the regular expressions don't work, but if you enable "case sensitive" in the filter dialog, then regular expressions work. The one that filters in camelcase is simply [a-z][A-Z].

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015: filter out segments based on text

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search