Trados 2015: propagate all exact matches on demand?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:48
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 15, 2015

Hello everyone

Suppose I have an SDLXLIFF file that is partially translated, and some of the non-translated segments are identical to some of the translated segments. Is there a single action that I can take that would propagate those existing translations to the matching non-translated segments? Or, is there a simple process that can accomplish that?

Thanks
Samuel

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
I think you must change options slightly Sep 15, 2015

Go to File > Options > Editor > Auto-propagation

Make sure that Enable Auto-propagation is active
Choose Auto-propagate exact matches to confirmed segments

If you then place the cursor in a segment that you want to be propagated, you can use ctr+Enter, and it should be propagated to the confirmed segments.

You may also choose Starting Position: Auto-propagate from: First segment in the document
Otherwise the segment will not be propagated to segments that are in front of the current segment.

Hope this is what you want.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Roy Sep 15, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:
Go to File > Options > Editor > Auto-propagation
If you then place the cursor in a segment that you want to be propagated, you can use ctr+Enter, and it should be propagated to the confirmed segments.

Thanks, but this only propagates segments that I put my cursor into. I want to be able to tell Trados to propagate all segments that can be propagated, without me entering each of those segments individually.

In the end I managed it by creating a new temporary TM, importing the file to the TM, and then performing a "pre-translate" batch task on the file using that temporary TM and by setting the settings not to overwrite existing segments and setting the match percentage to 100.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015: propagate all exact matches on demand?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search