Why do I get an error message when trying to Save target as in SDL Trados Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 15, 2015

I tried now to save my completed translation of a XLS file in SDL Trados Studio 2014, but received this error message:

Failed to save target content: The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))

This is the first time it happens with this customer I have had for several years.

Why is a server mentioned in the error message (I have only a local XLS file I translate in my local SDL Trados Studio 2014)? No server connection or anything.

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 08:49
Failed to save target content Sep 17, 2015

Hello Fredrick,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

I have logged a Support case for you regarding the error message you are receiving and our Support team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The same error message again Oct 5, 2015

I received this same error message again for a XLS file when trying to save as target.

The last time (3 weeks ago), for some reason (I don't know why) I could finally save as target without getting this error message.

Pavel Bartusek  Identity Verified
Member (2013)
English to Czech
+ ...
same problem Feb 25, 2016

Hi Fredrik and Guillaume, have you managed to find the solution? I have just encountered the exactly same problem.

Tracey Sweeney  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:49
Spanish to English
Solved Oct 31, 2016

I had the same problem saving target as an Excel file. I had another Excel file open, so I closed it and problem solved.

[Edited at 2016-10-31 11:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-10-31 11:53 GMT]

Christian Schaller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:49
Member (Jan 2018)
English to German
Excel Oct 31, 2016

Judging by all your comments this only seems to happen with Excel files. One possible explanation might be that you exceeded the length restriction for the names of the Excel tabs (31 characters), although I'm not sure if that's the problem that leads exactly to this error message. Something you may want to look out for though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I get an error message when trying to Save target as in SDL Trados Studio 2014?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search