The input BCM JSON cannot be null. This is STILL a problem!?!
Thread poster: Derek Smith

Derek Smith
Germany
Local time: 00:14
German to English
Sep 15, 2015

Hi,
frustration mounting ...

I'm still getting this problem with Studio 2014. Every time I open a new file for translating, this old chestnut appears.
Sometimes, removing the language cloud plug-in, restarting, re-adding, restarting works, but not always.
Sometimes, removing the language cloud from the project settings, saving, restarting, adding works, but not always.
Sometimes, one or more of the above works after several repeats of the same procedure.

As you can see, this is really getting me down and wasting _huge_ amounts of time. I find it unbelievable that this error is still being reported, bearing in mind that there are posts with this problem well over a year old.

I have just installed the latest update patch, so I guess I'm up-to-date.

As it might possibly be a plug-in incompatibility issue, here are the plug-ins in use:

SDL Language Cloud Plug-in
LC Studio Integration Common
External Review Tasks
Tag verification
Trados Studio Dictionary Plugin
AnyTM
MT AutoSuggest

Any and all help gratefully received

Derek

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
sfc /scannow Sep 16, 2015

Hi Derek,
I'm only guessing, but maybe running the command

sfc /scannow

in the Windows command prompt with Administrator rights might find something wrong in your files.
I had a problem with a Studio CU, and when running this command, I found some errors in system files which were automatically solved.
The corrupted system files I found were .json files, that's why I'm replying, in case I can be of any help.
Good luck.

Derek Smith
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your suggestion. Sep 17, 2015

I tried that, but no errors were found.

Derek Smith
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Got a solution (I think) Sep 22, 2015

Not sure if this is the correct solution, but I deactivated the MT AutoSuggest add-on and the errors stopped.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The input BCM JSON cannot be null. This is STILL a problem!?!

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search