Trados 2014 tags question: Is there a way to filter out all of the segments with tags?
Thread poster: Boyang Dou

Boyang Dou  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:57
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 19, 2015

I realised that I needed to change all of the translations of the segments with tags. It is a translation of a glossary. So I needed to add the original word after my translation as a reference. And all of these parts have tags. But Instead of going through them one by one, I'm wondering whether there is a way to filter them out so that I do not miss anything. Thanks!

Edit: I actually figured out a way to solve my problem without dealing with tags. I used regex to filter the particular pattern that is of interest. But the question about filtering tags still remains at the moment as a theoretical one.

[Edited at 2015-09-20 01:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 05:57
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Hidden texts Sep 20, 2015

Boyang Dou wrote:

I realised that I needed to change all of the translations of the segments with tags. It is a translation of a glossary. So I needed to add the original word after my translation as a reference. And all of these parts have tags. But Instead of going through them one by one, I'm wondering whether there is a way to filter them out so that I do not miss anything. Thanks!

I prefer using hidden texts (in MS Word) to translate only what I want to and leave hidden texts as tag codes (e.g. by creating extra column only for hidden texts). After cleaning the translation into target texts, I convert hidden texts into visible fonts. This process maintain all source text tags fully.

Soonthon L.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:57
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
One idea... Sep 20, 2015

Boyang Dou wrote:
But the question about filtering tags still remains at the moment as a theoretical one.

Open the SDLXLIFF file in a text editor that can read/write UTF8 correctly. Then find "<g " and replace with "###<g ". Then filter in Trados on ###. Afterwards, delete all the ### again.

This doesn't catch all tags, but if you want to catch more tags, try the replacement also with "<x ". I'm not sure you can do it successfully because the "x" tags sometimes occur in places where there are no text and no segments.

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:57
English to Russian
Yes, there is... Sep 20, 2015

1. Close Studio
2. Open the Q CAT
3. Filter segments with tags

I can't get a reply for a function that does exist in Trados, but does not work.
And you want a reply for a function that does not exist in this superb piece of s oftware...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 tags question: Is there a way to filter out all of the segments with tags?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search