upgraded to Studio 2015 and having activated it, I'm suddenly asked to activate.
Thread poster: Richard Hill

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:51
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Sep 21, 2015

Having upgraded to 2015 plus ten days or so ago and activated it on both my laptop and PC, the version on my PC suddenly tells me I need to activate, but not so on my laptop. I enter the activation code and get the error message “Activation failed. Activation not allowed as remaining quantity is 0.” In my SDL account it says “Activated: 10-09-2015”. This only started happening today, so I did a system restore, and have tried reinstalling, all to no avail. I have a big project on the go so I urgently need to get this sorted before the “trial” expires.

If somebody from SDL sees this post, please help me sort this out

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:51
English to Russian
Just restart the app Sep 22, 2015

I had this prob too. Even though 1 license was in use, the app required activation.
I just closed it and started again. In my case, it helped.

In general, it seems to me that SDL has a purpose to make as many bugs as they can. Each new relase adds errors to those already existing. The list of SDL support threads is getting longer and longer. Questions remain without answers.

I bought my license to use Studio, but not not to use it.

Why switching from segment to segment lags so much? There is enough memory on my PC for many other apps that do not lag. Why Studio does?

Why I have to change my monitor settings to make Studio plugins installable?

Why I have to enter 5 languages each time I use different releases?

Why mere people cannot use it? Why I need to be a professional hacker to fix the brand new product by myself?

Why I have to wait for SP3 to get rid of those annoying bugs?

Is there any end in sight for such unbelievable couldn't-care-less approach?

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:51
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Studio 2015 activation Sep 22, 2015

Hi Richard, Hi Stepan,

I am really sorry to hear that you are experiencing activation/software issues.
After checking your accounts it appears the license(s) are indeed showing as active.

So that we can help identify and resolve the issue (we do take this seriously)
please log a support ticket
(ALL Licensing and Installation issues are FREE of Charge and do NOT require a PSMA contract).

Here is the easiest and quickest way to log the ticket-

http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0
then choose -
Licensing Problems-
I use SDL Trados Studio 2015.....
I receive an error message....
I have a single user......
None of the provided solutions work...
Then on the right hand of the screen you will be able to log a licensing support request.

You do need to allow popups in order to submit the request.

Once logged- please let me know and I will ensure your requests are prioritised.

If you have any other questions- please contact me direct or via Live Chat-
http://www.sdl.com/chat (M-F GMT 9-5) live.

Kr

SDL Steve

Mexico
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Sep 22, 2015

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your response.

I did log a support request and got a rapid response and solution thankfully.

It seems that SDL deactivated the license and all I had to do was run Studio as administrator (one time only) and reactivate.

So thanks again!

Mexico
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bugs Sep 22, 2015

Stepan Konev wrote:

SDL has a purpose to make as many bugs as they can.

Why I have to wait for SP3 to get rid of those annoying bugs?

I know what you mean.

To be frank, having worked on a few projects now with Studio 2015 I don't think the new features warrant a new version, especially considering the bugs you and others rightly mention.

I generally really do like working with Studio, but considering all the bugs, I think they should have offered this "version" as a service pack out of good will in recognition of their shortcomings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

upgraded to Studio 2015 and having activated it, I'm suddenly asked to activate.

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search