Thread poster: Gisela Re
Gisela Re
Gisela Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 7, 2005

I translated some html files in Tag Editor with Arg Spanish as Target Lge. But the client needs it in Sp-Modern Sorg. How can I change it without losing what I translated? I already tried and could 'add' the Sp-ModSort as Target Lge but it doesnt change the setup of the already translated html. Can anybody help me?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Moving the topic Feb 7, 2005

to the Trados forum

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check for target language tag Feb 7, 2005

Hi Gisela,
I assume you saved the file as TTX (which version of TagEditor are you using, BTW?).

Open the TTX file using a text editor (TTX is an XML format, so technically, TTX files are text files). Search for TargetLanguage, and replace the code shown there with the required code. (Create a text export of a TM with matching languages if you don't know that code.)

HTH, Ralf

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
You can work with Feb 7, 2005

a Editor. I use Ultraedit for this kind of things. Just open the TM (exported as txt) and search&replace all ES-AR with ES-EM

At the same time you can search for mistakes like double space and things like this

Regards

Toledo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems changing Target Lges in Tag Editor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »