Portugal
Local time: 18:45
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Sep 28, 2015

Hello,

I have installed Studio 2015 on both my laptop and desktop today. The laptop application is working just fine, however on my desktop I cannot open any files and, when I try to, I get the following error message:

"Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Translation Results"

I've already unistalled it and installed again. I've also followed the instructions to delete some of files that I have found in tech support forum
... See more
Hello,

I have installed Studio 2015 on both my laptop and desktop today. The laptop application is working just fine, however on my desktop I cannot open any files and, when I try to, I get the following error message:

"Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Translation Results"

I've already unistalled it and installed again. I've also followed the instructions to delete some of files that I have found in tech support forums, but with no results.

What shoul I do?
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:45
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
I don't know, but... Sep 29, 2015

....I am interested too and you deserve an anwer before your question disappears to the 'cellars' of Proz.

Laptop - desktop: same OR, same software?

However your thread is back on the top of the list, lets hope someone comes with an answer.

Boa sorte.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:45
English
Did you try... Sep 29, 2015

Ana Catarina Lopes wrote:

... resetting the window layout in the Studio View menu? The message sounds as though it's something in that area.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Ana Catarina Lopes
Ana Catarina Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:45
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you... Sep 30, 2015

Thank you Robert and Paul.

I think the problem is the software, as you suggested. Studio 2015 isn't compatible with Windows Vista.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 won't open files - error message

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »