Thread poster: Austra Muizniece

Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:30
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Feb 8, 2005

I was working on a file, using 6 Freelance demo version. Now I've just installed LSP,but I can't get the same TM to work - I get a message "Translation Memory too large for demo mode. Connect dongle to parallel port". LSP is in regular, not demo mode, so I'm wondering what is the problem. Aren't the two versions of Trados compatible? I'd be very grateful for any help with this issue.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:30
English to German
+ ...
Parallel installation? Feb 8, 2005

Hi Austra,
Which version(s) are you using (full version number, please, including the build number)?

I was working on a file, using 6 Freelance demo version. Now I've just installed LSP

Did you de-install the Freelance version before installing LSP?

Aren't the two versions of Trados compatible?

They are (although I don't see why you would need both), provided that you register the version you wish to use when switching (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 LSP - Register Trados 6.5 LSP).

I suspect you're trying to work with a version that hasn't been properly registered.

HTH, Ralf

Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:30
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 8, 2005

but I still have no idea how:) - it just started working.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem after using Trados 6 Freelance in demo mode and changing it for 6 LSP

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search