How to save new segments in a TM (SDL Studio 2014)?
Thread poster: Augusta Habas

Augusta Habas
France
Local time: 03:26
Italian to French
+ ...
Oct 1, 2015

Hello,

I know that is very basic, but I can't find the information quickly and easily in the manual... I am used to MemoQ and a quite new user of Trados.
So I have created a project, selected a file and a couple of TMs, one of which is supposed to receive the newly translated segments... but it doesn't! What do I have to set up?

Thanks in advance for your help, because working with Trados without keeping a memory of the work done is pretty useless!

Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
Update Oct 1, 2015

Hi Augusta,

Is Update ticked? If you do a right click on the TM and go to Settings > Language Pairs > All language pairs, check that Update is ticked next to the TM you want to update.

Augusta Habas
France
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 1, 2015

Yes, that was it, thanks a lot!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to save new segments in a TM (SDL Studio 2014)?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search