How to save new segments in a TM (SDL Studio 2014)?
Thread poster: Augusta Habas

Augusta Habas
France
Local time: 21:18
Italian to French
+ ...
Oct 1, 2015

Hello,

I know that is very basic, but I can't find the information quickly and easily in the manual... I am used to MemoQ and a quite new user of Trados.
So I have created a project, selected a file and a couple of TMs, one of which is supposed to receive the newly translated segments... but it doesn't! What do I have to set up?

Thanks in advance for your help, because working with Trados without keeping a memory of the work done is pretty useless!

Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
Update Oct 1, 2015

Hi Augusta,

Is Update ticked? If you do a right click on the TM and go to Settings > Language Pairs > All language pairs, check that Update is ticked next to the TM you want to update.

Augusta Habas
France
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 1, 2015

Yes, that was it, thanks a lot!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to save new segments in a TM (SDL Studio 2014)?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search