LuxTranslations  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 15:31
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
Oct 1, 2015

Hello,

after having translated mqout-files in Studio 2015, I saved target as mqout-files.
Now, the customer was expecting mqback-files.
Has anybody any idea of what I'm to do there to deliver the files to the entire satisfaction of my custormer?

Thanks
Caroline

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:31
English to Russian
Use memoQ Oct 1, 2015

Unlike memoQ that can import and create return packages for Studio packages, Studio can neither import nor create return packages for memoQ. You need a trial version of memoQ to do what you need.

LuxTranslations  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I downloaded memoQ Oct 1, 2015

Hello Stepan
I downloaded memoQ, opened there my sdl-outpu (mqxlz-files), exportet to mqback... and yet, the customer only finds empty filesicon_frown.gif.

Do you have any other idea?

Caroline

Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hmm Oct 1, 2015

I'd try uploading the MemoQ package as new in MemoQ, making a tm from Studio, importing it into MemoQ, translating the files automatically with the tm and then creating a return package.

If that doesn't work, it's probably faster if the client just translates the files with the tm.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:31
Finnish to French
mqxliff Oct 1, 2015

charlier_c wrote:
Has anybody any idea of what I'm to do there to deliver the files to the entire satisfaction of my custormer

Just send them the translated mqxliff (memoQ’s equivalent of Studio’s sdlxliff), this should be sufficient.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to delivre mqback-files from sdlxliff Studio 2015

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search