Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:00
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 1, 2015

Hello collegues
I had installed Studio 2014 (after removing Studio 2009) but sometimes I've encountered some problems with an agency as after working at the files they couldn't open the file or convert it into the original file.

So, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it.

The strange thing is that the sdlxliff file has the usual Studio icon (yellow/green), while the sdlproj still has the Tageditor icon (which I had linked to previously by mistake).
When I had
... See more
Hello collegues
I had installed Studio 2014 (after removing Studio 2009) but sometimes I've encountered some problems with an agency as after working at the files they couldn't open the file or convert it into the original file.

So, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it.

The strange thing is that the sdlxliff file has the usual Studio icon (yellow/green), while the sdlproj still has the Tageditor icon (which I had linked to previously by mistake).
When I had Studio 2009 the sdlproj had the blue icon of the package. How can i link this file type to the blue icon? I tried with "Open with" but the "package" is not included in the proposed softwares.
Except for a practical view, this may create problems?

As to the first problem (crash /not converting when they try to open my files) would it be possible this is due to the fact that I haven't installed Office for windows?

Thanks a lot for your help

Lucia
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:00
Did you make a snapshot? Oct 1, 2015

Did you, by any chance, make a snapshot at any moment?

http://kb.parallels.com/en/5691

If so, you can use this to fix your problems.

One important warning, however: If you have stored any working files at the Windows side of your Mac, be sure to back up them before returning to a snapshot!

[Edited at 2015-10-01 12:23 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 running on MacBook OS Maverick/Parallels

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »