Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 1, 2015

Hello everyone

I translated an SDLXLIFF file in Trados 2015 by exporting the untranslated text to TMX, translating the TMX in my favourite CAT tool, and the pre-translating the SDLXLIFF file again using the updated TMX file. However, now all my segments are marked as either "CM" or "100%". Is there a way to change that so that the segments are marked as 0% (and optionally so that repetitions are marked as 100%)?

Thanks
Samuel

==

[Edited at 2015-10-01 23:33 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Seems an odd way to work... Oct 2, 2015

... but I guess you could search and replace in the sdlxliff. Search for this:

percent="100"

Replace with this:

percent="0"

That would probably do it. Repetitions will be harder because you pretranlsated from a TM so I doubt they'll be marked in the sdlxliff.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Paul Oct 2, 2015

SDL Community wrote:
Seems an odd way to work...

Round-tripping usually does seem odd to those who prefer to use the original tool. (-:

I can understand why Trados would show 100% and CM for matches against the client's TM (because then the client can see the match percentages in terms of his own TM), but it would make more sense to me that a translator might not want such match percentages to be shown to the client for matches against his (the translator's) own, private TM.

Repetitions will be harder because you pretranlsated from a TM so I doubt they'll be marked in the sdlxliff.

I suppose if I want repetitions to be marked as such, then I should not use the pre-translation function but rather just put my cursor in the first cell and then "move down" one segment at a time. That would take quite a bit longer, though.

Is it possible to restrict pre-translation to filtered segments? Or, is it possible to perform pre-translation on all visible segments while the file is open in Trados (i.e. not by using the batch task)?

United Kingdom
English
Round tripping is fine... Oct 2, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

Round-tripping usually does seem odd to those who prefer to use the original tool. (-:

... it's the changing of the percentages I found odd.

Samuel Murray wrote:

Is it possible to restrict pre-translation to filtered segments? Or, is it possible to perform pre-translation on all visible segments while the file is open in Trados (i.e. not by using the batch task)?

Yes. You could lock the filtered segments before you pretranslate.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing untoward... Oct 2, 2015

SDL Community wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:

Round tripping is fine... it's the changing of the percentages I found odd.

Perhaps I just don't understand what those percentages are for. To my mind, the percentages are there partly to help a reviewer (or the client) see which segments came from the supplied TM, which segments are edited fuzzy matches, and which segments are unedited propagated segments.

Samuel Murray wrote:
Is it possible to restrict pre-translation to filtered segments?

Yes. You could lock the filtered segments before you pre-translate. [/quote]

Ahh, so I must "lock" the segments that I don't want pre-translated, is that it? I have tried to lock segments in the past but nothing happened -- is there a visible lock icon or something that shows when a segment is locked?

United Kingdom
English
Just press Ctrl+L Oct 2, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

Ahh, so I must "lock" the segments that I don't want pre-translated, is that it? I have tried to lock segments in the past but nothing happened -- is there a visible lock icon or something that shows when a segment is locked?

Does this:

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015: how to change match percentage info

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search