Trados 2015: filter by modified-date or modified-by?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:43
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 7, 2015

Hello everyone

It happened again... I got a translated SDXLIFF file back from a reviewer who didn't use tracked changes and who didn't mark the edited segments in any discernible way. Now the client asks me to "check the edits". I'm hoping that Trados adds a date/time stamp and a user-modification stamp to modified segments -- is that so? If yes, is it possible to filter segments by modification date or by modification user?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
SDLXLIFF Compare Oct 7, 2015

This app will show you any edits:
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlxliffcompare-114.html
It's for 2009 and 2011, but as it's a standalone app, I think it should work for 2015 too, although I haven't tested it.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One year later, same problem Nov 23, 2016

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
This app will show you any edits:
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlxliffcompare-114.html

Thanks, but I discovered (today, when the same thing happened) that ChangeTracker does a reasonable job of producing a change report for SDLXLIFF files (as far as I can tell).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015: filter by modified-date or modified-by?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search