https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/292741-%22sdl_trados_studio_2011_has_stopped_working%22_on_start_up_crashes.html

"SDL Trados Studio 2011 has stopped working" on start up (crashes)
Thread poster: Riku Pepponen
Riku Pepponen
Riku Pepponen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:15
English to Finnish
+ ...
Oct 7, 2015

Hi all,

I tried to start my SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 today as usual, but I simply get an error "SDL Trados Studio has stopped working", and the program is killed. Rebooting doesn't help. The error does give me some information, but I'm not sure how to proceed from here:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SDLTradosStudio.exe
Application Version: 10.4.3123.2
... See more
Hi all,

I tried to start my SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 today as usual, but I simply get an error "SDL Trados Studio has stopped working", and the program is killed. Rebooting doesn't help. The error does give me some information, but I'm not sure how to proceed from here:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SDLTradosStudio.exe
Application Version: 10.4.3123.2
Application Timestamp: 534eba61
Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.5485
Fault Module Timestamp: 53a121fa
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000dbe8

Any help with this is greatly appreciated, as I'm in the middle of a project!

[Edited at 2015-10-07 10:59 GMT]
Collapse

VERLOW WOGLO JR
VERLOW WOGLO JR  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:15
Member (2014)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Reinstall. Oct 7, 2015

Your projects, memories will remain intact. Your license will also remain in place. It has happened to me a few times and after rebooting twice with no solution I just reinstalled it.

Riku Pepponen
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried a few things, still won't work. Oct 7, 2015

Thank you for your answer.

I uninstalled Studio, but when I tried to re-install it, the installer crashed with the same warning.

Then I tried updating .NET Framework, and downloading and replacing the mscorwks.dll - but no help there. I managed to reset my computer to two days prior, and now I have Studio installed again, but it still won't run.

I guess the next step is to re-install Windows - do I have to deactivate my license for that? And how can I do it
... See more
Thank you for your answer.

I uninstalled Studio, but when I tried to re-install it, the installer crashed with the same warning.

Then I tried updating .NET Framework, and downloading and replacing the mscorwks.dll - but no help there. I managed to reset my computer to two days prior, and now I have Studio installed again, but it still won't run.

I guess the next step is to re-install Windows - do I have to deactivate my license for that? And how can I do it without access to the program?
Collapse

Riku Pepponen
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed Oct 8, 2015

In case anyone is having the same problem: I re-installed Windows, and at least that worked.

Salman Rostami
Salman Rostami  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:15
Member (2009)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Thank you! Dec 9, 2016

Riku Pepponen wrote:

In case anyone is having the same problem: I re-installed Windows, and at least that worked.

fatima stigliani
fatima stigliani  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:15
Member (2016)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TRADOS 2017 STOPPED WORKING Mar 21, 2017

I have been facing the same problem of some PROZ coworkers: Studio 2017 stops running suddenly. With this issue I have lost a number of segments already translated which is tiresome and time consuming. I have windows 10 installed and updated, everyting looks ok, but Trados insists on showing this issue: Trados is not running and windows will try to find a solution. If someone here is facing this issue and have found a solution please inform.

[Edited at 2017-03-21 21:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"SDL Trados Studio 2011 has stopped working" on start up (crashes)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »