https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/292829-%22object_reference_not_set_to_an_instance_of_an_object%22_with_studio_2015.html

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" with Studio 2015
Thread poster: Astel75
Astel75
Astel75
Germany
Local time: 05:30
German to Italian
+ ...
Oct 9, 2015

Hallo everbody,

I received a new job with Studio 2015 but in this new project in each segment (if I go and clic with the mouse o I confirme a segment) compare the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" ....

I know, there are many posts about this problem here BUT all the proposed solutions do not resolve the problem in my case I cannot understand why

1) The error message
... See more
Hallo everbody,

I received a new job with Studio 2015 but in this new project in each segment (if I go and clic with the mouse o I confirme a segment) compare the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" ....

I know, there are many posts about this problem here BUT all the proposed solutions do not resolve the problem in my case I cannot understand why

1) The error message compare only with this new project.
2) The solutions proposed from SDL web site or from many users dont have success in my case.

Please help me and sorry for my english.
Collapse

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:30
French to English
+ ...
What exactly have you done to solve the problem? Oct 9, 2015

Hi Astel,
Have you tried:
1. Rebooting your system?
2. Reloading the project from scratch?

Since this error occurs only in this project, maybe your input files contain errors.

Best,

Sandra

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:30
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Ask your client Oct 9, 2015

Hi Astel,
Let me first tell you that this is a sugestion on how to workaround the truble, not a solution.
I have encountered this error many times and it is always a result of a multilingual package.
With the help of my client we usually overcome the problem with either:
1. A new package containing only the language pair I am supposed to translate, or
2. sending me just the bilingual and the TM files.
Get your client cooperation and try it.
Cheers
... See more
Hi Astel,
Let me first tell you that this is a sugestion on how to workaround the truble, not a solution.
I have encountered this error many times and it is always a result of a multilingual package.
With the help of my client we usually overcome the problem with either:
1. A new package containing only the language pair I am supposed to translate, or
2. sending me just the bilingual and the TM files.
Get your client cooperation and try it.
Cheers

[Edited at 2015-10-09 20:26 GMT]
Collapse

Astel75
Astel75
Germany
Local time: 05:30
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Oct 13, 2015

You have exactly understand my problem.

Of course I tried to reboot the system and to reinstalling trados completelly but this was not the solution. The problem was not eliminated. So I ask my client for a new package: he send me the single files with TM and now is all ok.

I found exactly the same problem-conditions and the same solution described from Shapira:

- The package was multilingual with more reference-languages - I have to translate DE-IT but it w
... See more
You have exactly understand my problem.

Of course I tried to reboot the system and to reinstalling trados completelly but this was not the solution. The problem was not eliminated. So I ask my client for a new package: he send me the single files with TM and now is all ok.

I found exactly the same problem-conditions and the same solution described from Shapira:

- The package was multilingual with more reference-languages - I have to translate DE-IT but it was imposted on DE-EN.
- The solution: i received form the client the single files with TM

Thank you everybody
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" with Studio 2015

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »