Error Message with Trados 2015
Thread poster: Emmanuel Fobang Njuokon

Emmanuel Fobang Njuokon  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:20
French to English
+ ...
Oct 15, 2015

Hi every one, i am new to trados 2015. It was working just well but yesterday i started having the following error message;
"The translation memory or TM container appears to be missing and may have been deleted". Can someone help?
I am afraid my antiviru might have deleted something.

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 13:20
Error message Oct 15, 2015

Hello Emmanuel,

This is SDL_Guillaume

So we can help you further could you kindly send me a FULL screen shot which includes (but not just) the error please.
Also confirm operating system/ office version and Studio installation.

Kind regards,

Emmanuel Fobang Njuokon  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:20
French to English
+ ...
Screenshot of error message Oct 16, 2015

Dear Guillaume

Thanks for your response. I am using the Trados 2015 Freelance edition. I have windows 7 and office 2007 installed and i am working on a heavy Excel file. I am no longer seeing the same error message today. This is the new error message i am seeing.

1-When opening Trados

2-When working on the Editing View

3-When trying to "Save Target As"

Thanks again for giving attention to my request for help

Best regards

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:20
Finnish to French
Don’t use temporary folders Oct 16, 2015

I think your problem comes from this:

Most likely, you opened your Excel file by double-clicking on a file attachment in your e-mail, which caused it to be saved in a temporary folder. If you kept it there, this must have confused Trados.

Start over again, by saving the file attachment to a "proper" folder (eg. in your Documents), and importing it into your project.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Message with Trados 2015

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search