Error in import of TMW translation memory to Studio 2014
Thread poster: Ofra Hod

Ofra Hod  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:50
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Oct 15, 2015

I have SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance (version: SP2 - 11.2.4422.11).

A few days ago I upgraded to Windows 10.

Now, when I get a TMW file from a client, I open it, click "Quick Upgrade" and see that the 1st two steps succeed, but the 3rd fails with the error: "No region-specific language could be found for the specified language".

An SDLTM file is created but it's empty.

Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Use a TMX version Oct 15, 2015

Shalom Ofra,
You need to get a TMX version of your TM. To creat one, you can either use a Trados 2007 version, if you have one available or ask your client to convert it for you. Once you get it, you will be able to generate the new TM.
the error you have encountered is somthing that results from the upgrade to W10 and as far as I know SDL staff are working on it.

Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
Same error with TMX Oct 15, 2015

Thank you, Amnon. I thought it was a great idea to use an interim TMX file but then I got the same error.

I hope SDL staff come up with a solution soon. In the meantime I will ask my client to convert the TM for me.

Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
error details (in case anyone in SDL can look into this) Jan 16, 2016

Studio lets me save the error details in XML format, and I did. Here they are (partially displayed, I am afraid, because I can't figure out how to display XML here):

Import failed. The file could not be processed.

System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.TranslationStudio.TranslationMemoryManager
b__3()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]>

Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.LanguagePlatformException, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888

Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
NULL
Hod-PC\Hod
HOD-PC
True
4158708 MB

gbock
United States
Local time: 23:50
English to German
+ ...
Solution Jan 17, 2016

The solution was to replace the deprecated locale code IW (usesd by Trados 2007) in the TMX file with the correct local code HE (used by Studio).

Here is a list of all locale codes supported by Studio: http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/3610.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error in import of TMW translation memory to Studio 2014

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search