Thread poster: Enrico C - ECLC

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 07:00
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 16, 2015

I'll be short as usual as i type this in between jobs.

A bunch of TTX created with 2007 will be read by Studio 2015 as "reference files". This has been occurring consistently in a variety of occasions.

They work good with both 2014 and other CATs.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance

Enrico

[Edited at 2015-10-16 07:25 GMT]

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:00
English to Italian
Info Oct 16, 2015

Dear Enrico - I will pass this to our customer success team and hopefully they will be able to help!
Kind regards
Massi

Taiwan
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 16, 2015

ghislandi wrote:

Dear Enrico - I will pass this to our customer success team and hopefully they will be able to help!
Kind regards
Massi

Thank you Massimo,

Deeply appreciated.

FYI: The job was completed with Studio 2014 without a hitch. Out of curiosity it was also tested on MQ 2014 and it worked just fine. 2015 has caused this issue a variety of times already.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Enrico

Taiwan
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is now occurring with standard DOC files too Oct 20, 2015

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

ghislandi wrote:

Kind regards
Massi

Thank you Massimo,

Deeply appreciated.

FYI: The job was completed with Studio 2014 without a hitch. Out of curiosity it was also tested on MQ 2014 and it worked just fine. 2015 has caused this issue a variety of times already.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Enrico

As per header. Basically, whatever you can translate on 2014 and MQ is either classified as REFERENCE or untranslatable by 2015.

I am going back to 2014. Wasting too much time as a beta tester.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:00
English
This isn't a general problem... Oct 20, 2015

... because we have plenty of users handling these files without any problem. I can confirm they work for me too if I create my own.

So this would suggest one, or both, of these I think:

1. There is something specific to your files (unlikely though, TTX & DOC?)
2. You are using old templates perhaps

If you are inclined to try again I'd be happy to take a look at these with you Enrico? We could start by verifiying your files work for me, then at least we know whether it's the software generally or something specific. If they do we could take a look at why you are having this problem when I don't.

Drop me an email if you'd like to look at this.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Taiwan
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's TTX and DOCX Oct 28, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

... because we have plenty of users handling these files without any problem. I can confirm they work for me too if I create my own.

So this would suggest one, or both, of these I think:

1. There is something specific to your files (unlikely though, TTX & DOC?)
2. You are using old templates perhaps

If you are inclined to try again I'd be happy to take a look at these with you Enrico? We could start by verifiying your files work for me, then at least we know whether it's the software generally or something specific. If they do we could take a look at why you are having this problem when I don't.

Drop me an email if you'd like to look at this.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Hi Paul,

Confirming this issue is still ongoing on TTX and DOC files. Message, translated from IT into EN sounds more or less like "The document must include at least one translatable file" (The file is a TTX for a key account and 2014 handles it without a hitch)

I am also confirming i am back to 2014 even after the 2015 update because as usual i have no time for experiments so i have to work with whatever works out of the box (MQ and 2014 in this case)

If you come up with some idea i'll be glad to listen to it because splitting same customers on different CATs causes a lot of confusion, as well.

Regards

Enrico

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:00
English
Can you share a file you have problems with? Oct 28, 2015

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

If you come up with some idea i'll be glad to listen to it because splitting same customers on different CATs causes a lot of confusion, as well.

Maybe one of each type?

Thanks

Paul

Taiwan
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will check for the other Oct 29, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

Maybe one of each type?

Thanks

Paul

However, you're getting spoiled!

That said, i'd prefer to use a single platform as much as possible.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 won't recognize 2007 TTXs as translatable

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search