Please help with icml files
Thread poster: Kitty Maerz

Kitty Maerz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:49
English to German
+ ...
Oct 16, 2015

I have SDL Trados Studio 2011 and got a bunch of icml files from a client. There are about 20 files and they are supposed to correspond to the first chapter of a book (about 9 pdf pages with lots of pictures and tables).

Unfortunately, I have never before worked with this file type and when I open them in Trados it is pretty confusing. Some of the files do show some text (headings/part of tables). Most of the files when opened just show purple fields that say "FullParagraph", "PageNumber" etc.

I have tried looking it up on the internet and fiddling with some settings in SDL but it didn't help. I have no clue how to open the files so that I can work with them properly (for now this is an editing project so I just need to be able to compare the file to the source and make some smaller changes).

Please help!

Sorour
Italian to Arabic
+ ...
Use Adobe InCopy Oct 16, 2015

Download Incopy (Trial version) from Adobe website and use it for changes.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Support for InCopy (ICML) files... Oct 16, 2015

... was introduced in Studio 2014. So you can handle these file formats in Studio 2014 and Studio 2015, but not Studio 2011.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

[Edited at 2015-10-16 06:50 GMT]

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 16, 2015

Sorour wrote:

Download Incopy (Trial version) from Adobe website and use it for changes.

Thanks, that is an idea though I am not sure how difficult it is to use.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Too bad Oct 16, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

... was introduced in Studio 2014. So you can handle these file formats in Studio 2014 and Studio 2015, but not Studio 2011.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

[Edited at 2015-10-16 06:50 GMT]

Really? That's too bad. Why is there than a icml option in the file types section for the project settings? I thought that meant the program could handle these files?

Is there any way to convert files/save them differently from the source program?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help with icml files

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search