Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:22
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Feb 11, 2005

Hi,

Whever I try to extract the downloaded patch, I am told that data are not valid and I should decompress it (very nice, exactly what I was trying to do;-). I have repeated the download three times, same result.

I have Trados 6.5.5.438 FL (downloaded the FL release and installed it over 6.5.2. FL without any trouble).

I must have missed something.. Has anyone encountered the same problem with build 439 and managed to solve it? I admit I feel very s
... See more
Hi,

Whever I try to extract the downloaded patch, I am told that data are not valid and I should decompress it (very nice, exactly what I was trying to do;-). I have repeated the download three times, same result.

I have Trados 6.5.5.438 FL (downloaded the FL release and installed it over 6.5.2. FL without any trouble).

I must have missed something.. Has anyone encountered the same problem with build 439 and managed to solve it? I admit I feel very silly, as the steps are pretty easy: download, extract, locate folder with extracted file and double-click it. Done, version updated! Still, my problem is that I don't manage to extract it. (I can't believe that I have downloaded a a corrupted zip file from translationzone, so I must make a mistake)

Thanks for any enlightment.

Giuliana
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:22
English to German
+ ...
What are you using to unzip the file? Feb 11, 2005

Ciao Giuliana,
Are you using WinZip to extract, or the decompression utility in WinXP? The latter is known to cause trouble...

Best regards, Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Another thought: register 6.5.5 before installing the patch Feb 11, 2005

Hi again,

Did you register 6.5.5.438 after installation? If you don't, the registry still shows 6.5.2 as the registered version, in which case the patch won't work.

Best, Ralf

Giuliana Buscaglione
United States
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WinZip, clearly 6.5.5 / 438 Feb 11, 2005

Hi Ralf,

Thanks. I am using WinZip 8.1. and 6.5.5. / 438 is clearly displayed under "About" in my TWB (I checked before trying to extract/install the patch).

The message WinZip displays causes some headache, to be honest:

Fehler: ungültige komprimierte Daten, um die folgende Methode zu verwenden: dekomprimieren

Giuliana

P.S. I forgot to mention that I
... See more
Hi Ralf,

Thanks. I am using WinZip 8.1. and 6.5.5. / 438 is clearly displayed under "About" in my TWB (I checked before trying to extract/install the patch).

The message WinZip displays causes some headache, to be honest:

Fehler: ungültige komprimierte Daten, um die folgende Methode zu verwenden: dekomprimieren

Giuliana

P.S. I forgot to mention that I have the good old (of course upgraded) dongle, no flexible licence

[Edited at 2005-02-12 06:09]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Giuliana Feb 11, 2005

Do you use some download manager? Something like Flashget or other? If yes, you may have problems with opening the archive. Try downloading without pauses (if possible).

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
patch Feb 11, 2005

You might have an interference in the download. Try downloading the patch again overriding the previous patch download.

Parpalhol
Parpalhol  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Same problem... Feb 11, 2005

Hi to everyone!

I have encountered exactly the same problem after downloading the patch. So I have downloaded the same file 3 or 4 times and tried different software to unzip it. I have to confess that I have given up the idea of upgrading to 6.5.5 and I am waiting to the next version.

Anyway, if anyone has a good idea, I am ready to give it a try.

Good luck...

Parpalhol
Parpalhol  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Thank you Natalie ! Feb 11, 2005

Your advice was the good one. I have downloaded 6.5.5 without using any download software and I have just upgraded to 6.5.5 without any problem.

Thank you for your help.

Giuliana Buscaglione
United States
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved, thanks Feb 12, 2005

Hi,

I knew I would blame myself

Anyway, caught in stress I had completely forgot that IDM manages my downloads. I have switched it off and let FireFox DM handle it.

This time I was successful. Thanks everyone, especially Natalie.

Giuliana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't extract (==>> install) patch release (build 439) to TRADOS 6.5.5.438 FL

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »