Trados Studio wish list: "Insert next tag" button
Thread poster: Shmuel Pfeifel

Shmuel Pfeifel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 11:24
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 18, 2015

I was just wondering why this simple but effective button is missing in Trados Studio, and why I have to deal with drop down lists and opening and closing tags with two different keys over and over again....surely this could be arranged (as the competition have already proved)....

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Already there, since... 2009? Oct 18, 2015

Shmuel Pfeifel wrote:
I was just wondering why this simple but effective button is missing in Trados Studio, and why I have to deal with drop down lists and opening and closing tags with two different keys over and over again....surely this could be arranged (as the competition have already proved)....

Hi Shmuel,

A much easier way, which I seem to remember since the early versions of Studio, was inserting both tags according to the following two-step:

1. Select the translated string to be tagged,
2. Press Ctrl and hover your mouse cursor over the source text. The relevant tag pair and text are highlighted. Click on that. Done.

If you Ctrl-Click on the source tags only, without selecting anything, the tags will be inserted as a pair by themselves at your earlier cursor position in the target, and you can start typing in-between the tags.

I very much like this Trados feature, as I really don't care to mess with tags.

HTH,

Sandra

Shmuel Pfeifel  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Sandra, Oct 18, 2015

You are talking about selecting, about pressing, about shifting from source to target, about ctrl-clicking,
I do not want to do any of these things.
This is highly inconvenient and amounts to much tagging labor.
All I want is to translate and whenever a tag is coming up, of whatever nature, just press a button and the next tag in line would appear in the translation. So easy!

Kindly
Shmuel

[Edited at 2015-10-18 15:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-10-18 15:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-10-18 15:23 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio wish list: "Insert next tag" button

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search