Autocorrect problem - Studio 2015
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:14
German to English
Oct 21, 2015

SDL have finally decided to implement an autocorrect feature that changes "straight" quotes to so-called "typographic" quotes. Hooray, we all cry! Only ten years late, but hooray nonetheless!

It seems to work well enough when entering text, and so far I've not had too many problems with my own texts. Although, I have to say the implementation is generally poor compared with every single other program I have ever worked with.

The real problem comes when editing external texts that have been typed with straight quotes.

When I move to the segment to be edited, if it has straight quotes in it, the cursor seems to randomly jump to the quotes to "correct" them while I'm in the middle of typing somewhere else within the segment. This leaves me with a pile of gibberish which has to be corrected. There is also no way of predicting when or if the cursor is going to jump.

Is anyone else having this problem?

PS I'm not all that impressed with the auto-capitalisation function either. It works OK, but if you undo the capitalisation (with CTRL-Z) the cursor jumps back as well.

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:14
English to Russian
It seems that everyone Oct 21, 2015

is having this problem. Except testers. What did they test at all... Something different...

Me and everyone I asked experience this 'jumping' prob.
Plus their boasted AutoSuggest that swallows letters.
The only 'medicine' so far available against this stuff is disabling. A real good job!

[Edited at 2015-10-21 11:09 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
AutoUpdate today Oct 21, 2015

This is a well known issue linked to a few things that have been reported in here almost daily since it was spotted... and funnily enough it wasn't immediately found by users here or our testing team or our Beta testers. It seems obvious now, but maybe it just takes people time to start working with it.

However, there is an auto-update sometime today that should resolve this.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Glad to hear it Oct 21, 2015

I shall keep my fingers crossed that this does the trick.

Thanks for the update, Paul.

PS. I've had this problem from the very beginning, and also the autosuggest problem mentioned above. I took me about 1 hour to notice these problems, so I went back to 2014 for a while in the hope that it would improve "in my absence" so to speak. So, no kudos to the testers.

[Edited at 2015-10-21 12:04 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
On the update Oct 21, 2015

Hi,

A quick update on this because it seems we have just pulled the SR1 release and are working on a fix. Something has changed in the production build we missed that affects users working with GroupShare 2015. So if you managed to grab the updated before it was ppulled and you work with GroupShare 2015 then the solution for now is to remove the Studio update. You can do this in the windows control panel and select “View installed updates” in “Programs & Features” and remove these two updates:

Service Release 1 (KB8124) SDL Trados Studio 2015
Service Release 1 (KB8124) SDL WorldServer Components

If you don't work with GroupShare 2015 and got the update prior to it being pulled then enjoy the fixes!!

Many apologies for the inconvenience, the development team are working on a solution and hope to issue a fixed updated asap.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autocorrect problem - Studio 2015

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search