Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:02
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Oct 21, 2015

Dear colleagues,

is it true that Studio no longer allows to import the above mentioned xlf-export of DV X3?
It is not that I regularly need this function, but I´m sure a couple of month ago it still worked, but now it seems to be gone.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
There has never been... Oct 21, 2015

... a deliberate attempt to ensure compatibility with the DVX export, not has there been any attempt to disallow it.

When you say import what do you mean exactly? If you mean open it for translation do you get any error messages?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I´m sure that... Oct 21, 2015

...I could import and open DV xlf files in Studio projects to translate / send them to the TM several times, Paul (thank you for your answer!), but now it is not possible and there is neither an error message appearing nor an option to prepare the file, when right-clicking on it in the source language view. Feeding a Studio TM with the xlf isn´t possible, too, but there you are right: it never has been possible. Basic interoperability is fine (via .tmx) and processing vice versa (Studio sdlxliff into DV) is fine, too.

[Edited at 2015-10-21 14:25 GMT]

Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perhaps depending on the Studio version? Oct 22, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

There has never been...... a deliberate attempt to ensure compatibility with the DVX export

Hi Paul, I understand that there might never has been a deliberate attempt to ensure above mentioned compatibility, but in certain projects of mine there still in fact is compatibility with these xlf files. Further investigations lead to the conclusion that projects of a certain customer don´t have the filter for plain XLIFF files (OASIS-Standard XLIFF = XML Localisation Interchange File Format, Version 1.1 / 1.2) under project settings > file types. Reason therefore must be the current Studio version of the customer (creator), right?

[Edited at 2015-10-22 07:16 GMT]

United Kingdom
English
Slightly confusing Oct 22, 2015

Hello Matthias,

I'm a little confused now.. sorry. If you received a Project, presumably a package, from your customer and the xliff filetype is mising then how did they get the xliff in there in the first place? I must be misunderstanding this.

If they are missing an XLIFF filetype then yes, this would definitely prevent them from opening an XLF. But I thought you were the one having this problem?

Perhaps you can share an example of one of these files and I can take a look at it with all three versions?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was just talking about the OASIS xlf filter Oct 22, 2015

Hi Paul,
thank you for your answer and perhaps I wasn´t clear enough (due to my metall-like English):
My customer can´t import my xlf export from Deja Vu (yes, xlf-export, not sdlxliff), because he/she hasn´t activated the XLIFF filter (for OASIS) in Studio.
I was wondering why, but I found out that she hasn´t activated the filter type. In all other Studio projects from other customers it works well. I sent her the Deja Vu xlf for review actions only, that´s what it was designed for. Everything should be working fine now, but the PM is still puzzled that there are other options than translating in Studioicon_wink.gif

United Kingdom
English
ok - understood Oct 22, 2015

So there isn't a problem at all now?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No more problems at all Oct 22, 2015

...thanks, Paul.

Best regards,
Matthias

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interoperability of DV X3 xlf-export with Studio 2011/2014/2015

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search