Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:42
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2015

I got an e-mail message about the new SR1 but...

* automatic update from within Studio does not find anything

* the file mentioned in the KB article is not there. The files that are on the FTP have August dates, so I presume that they are not the SR1, and none of their names matches the file name mentioned in the article.

SDL , please get your act toghether...

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:42
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Wait at least 24 hours Oct 21, 2015

I suggest waiting at least 24 hours for SR1 to be pushed through the automatic updates channel.
Maybe not everything is up yet on the servers.

Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So... Oct 21, 2015

Shai Navé wrote:

I suggest waiting at least 24 hours for SR1 to be pushed through the automatic updates channel.
Maybe not everything is up yet on the servers.

So, shouldn't the e-mail be sent when everything is uploaded?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Wait one or two days Oct 21, 2015

Piotr

The release has been withdrawn temporarily due to a technical issue. It will be released soon again.

Walter

Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Oct 21, 2015

Walter Blaser wrote:

Piotr

The release has been withdrawn temporarily due to a technical issue. It will be released soon again.

Walter

No problem, I can live with that.icon_smile.gif You seem to have insider knowledgeicon_wink.gif

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It was also posted... Oct 21, 2015

... in ProZ earlier and also TW_Users. Many apologies if you missed it. As Walter suggested it should be available again shortly and you will get the autoupdate in Studio.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

United Kingdom
English
SR1 now Live Oct 22, 2015

Hi all,

SR1 for Studio 2015 and MultiTerm 2015 are now live from AutoUpdate, so the next time you launch either application you should be prompted to update.

Details on changes:

Studio: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:8124
MultiTerm: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:8125

We apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,
Luis

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:42
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Watch out studio sufferers! Oct 22, 2015

This “update” is far from bug-free, and installation has been a nightmare. After installing I got the “object not set to a reference” message after creating a project (happened several times), so I couldn’t even open it. Then after re-installing, and managing to open the project, if I load more than one termbase studio (within a deliberate lowercase “s”) displays the message “termbases loading” for ages. I’m not sure how long as I don’t have time to wait, so the workaround is to only load one tb. Then with chrome pages minimized in the taskbar and studio maximized, when I click on chrome to maximize the pages I just get ding ding and they stay where they are, and this does not happen when any other program is maximized. Is Studio hogging than many resources?

Also, God only knows why SDL programmers can’t emulate Word and have a functional undo Ctrl + z shortcut do undo things such as unwanted capitalization. In studio 2015 after using Ctrl + z the whole last word is selected so you have to use the mouse to reposition the cursor.

All this after only a couple of hours of this “bug-fixing” update.

If only I had the time to learn some other CAT tools.

Good luck, you’re gunna need it, and if you haven’t already installed then better wait, or at least create a system restore point.

[Edited at 2015-10-23 01:29 GMT]

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
a standalone file Oct 23, 2015

Will it be available as a downloadable file in my Downloads?

[Edited at 2015-10-23 18:31 GMT]

United Kingdom
English
I wonder why... Oct 23, 2015

Richard Hill wrote:

This “update” is far from bug-free, and installation has been a nightmare.

... you choose not to raise this with support but instead just post in here? I don't think this is a common situation based on feedback so far and it would make sense for you to raise a case so someone can help you with this.

You don't need a support contract to get help if you can't even use the program as you describe. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011, 2014 or 2015
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
English
No it won't... Oct 23, 2015

Stepan Konev wrote:

Will it be available as a downloadable file in my Downloads?

[Edited at 2015-10-23 05:56 GMT]

... because it's not a new install, it's just a service release and these are normally made available by automatic updates. If you want the installer to run this manually then you can get this through the KB articles Luis mentioned, or the link that appears when you are asked whether you want to apply the update or not.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Yes I want Oct 23, 2015

If you want the installer to...
get this through the KB articles Luis mentioned

Thank you for the tip.

=========

UPD: Downloaded both SR1 zips successfully.
Thank you again.

[Edited at 2015-10-23 08:14 GMT]

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Real-time preview Oct 23, 2015

So is real-time preview now supported for Office 2016 ?

Olly

sedavlas
Russian Federation
Inactive button Oct 23, 2015

Hello, the problem is that my update button is inactive and I can't click on it to check my update. Any suggestions?

Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't have the termbase problem Oct 23, 2015

I intentionally disconnected my termbase and loaded it again.... no lag, no waiting. But I only update Studio so far, and not Multiterm.

Projects that were in progress work OK.

So no complaints from me except that Studio still can't export one specific file reporting a tag problem which can't be found by F8, as before the update.

I'm going to upload this project to SDL Support as soon as I find the time, got the client's permission.

The only problem I found is that when Windows is in the process of calculating the time required to copy something from an FTP site (something totally unrelated to Studio), Studio is not responding until the FTP process is completed or aborted. I'm on Windows 8.

And when starting for the first time on Win 7 after the update, Studio did not ask me to configure the languages again, on Windows 8 - it did.

Piotr

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 SR1 - where is my update?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search