Multiple different errors when cleaning Tageditor Trados 2007 and .doc files
Thread poster: Ruth Kibble

Ruth Kibble  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 23, 2015

Morning all,

I am having a problem with a .doc file I am trying to clean after translation using TagEditor.

The first error is (-2147418113): Unexpected error using plug-in file filter.

Then if I clean it again, it says The Microsoft word file cannot be opened because it is in Word 2007 or an earlier format.

I have tried lots of workarounds and had other messages too, that I can't remember!

The original file was a .docx which I have to change to a 2007-2013 doc file to translate. Sometimes I have had to do version conversions from docx > doc > rtf > doc in order to clean it, but this isn't working this time.

I am not sure how to remove or check for tag errors as I am not an experienced user, but I have tried removing all footnote separators and increasing the space between each paragraph.

This might be key: in one of my ten attempts so far to retranslate this document, some footnote text came up for translation which had not appeared in previous attempts. I translated it but could not then clean the file. I haven't seen it since...

I think I have gone down multiple paths and solutions but it is guesswork at this point.

Can anyone suggest the most logical way out of this?

Thanks

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 04:41
(-2147418113): Unexpected error using plug-in file filter. Oct 23, 2015

Hello Ms Kibble,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

There is an article in our Knowledge Base about this error message with workarounds: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:2333

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Ruth Kibble  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Neither workaround works Nov 4, 2015

Hi Guillaume

Thanks for trying to help me but I had tried these two solutions previously with no success. I tried again just now just in case, but I still have the error message.

Can you suggest anything else please? My client is ready for the delivery now.

Thanks

Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple different errors when cleaning Tageditor Trados 2007 and .doc files

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search