Multiple different errors when cleaning Tageditor Trados 2007 and .doc files
Thread poster: Ruth Kibble

Ruth Kibble  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 23, 2015

Morning all,

I am having a problem with a .doc file I am trying to clean after translation using TagEditor.

The first error is (-2147418113): Unexpected error using plug-in file filter.

Then if I clean it again, it says The Microsoft word file cannot be opened because it is in Word 2007 or an earlier format.

I have tried lots of workarounds and had other messages too, that I can't remember!

The original file was a .docx which I have to change to a 2007-2013 doc file to translate. Sometimes I have had to do version conversions from docx > doc > rtf > doc in order to clean it, but this isn't working this time.

I am not sure how to remove or check for tag errors as I am not an experienced user, but I have tried removing all footnote separators and increasing the space between each paragraph.

This might be key: in one of my ten attempts so far to retranslate this document, some footnote text came up for translation which had not appeared in previous attempts. I translated it but could not then clean the file. I haven't seen it since...

I think I have gone down multiple paths and solutions but it is guesswork at this point.

Can anyone suggest the most logical way out of this?

Thanks

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 15:28
(-2147418113): Unexpected error using plug-in file filter. Oct 23, 2015

Hello Ms Kibble,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

There is an article in our Knowledge Base about this error message with workarounds: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:2333

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Ruth Kibble  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Neither workaround works Nov 4, 2015

Hi Guillaume

Thanks for trying to help me but I had tried these two solutions previously with no success. I tried again just now just in case, but I still have the error message.

Can you suggest anything else please? My client is ready for the delivery now.

Thanks

Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple different errors when cleaning Tageditor Trados 2007 and .doc files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search