SDL TRADOS: How to copy all source and leave 100% matches untouched?
Thread poster: samesteve

samesteve
Taiwan
Oct 23, 2015

I know how to copy all source to target, but when doing so those 100% matches already existed in target will change to source as well.
I would like to know if there is a way to only copy source to target and still keeps the 100% matches.

Or is there a convenience way that I could lock those 100% matches first?

Thank you.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 00:40
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Review > All segments Oct 23, 2015

If you choose the Review tab og click the All segments button, you can choose for instance 100% matches and lock them. Afterwards you should be able to copy source to target for the rest.

Or you could choose Unconfirmed and then copy source to target. But of course, you then won't include segments that are not 100%, but are confirmed.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:40
English
No they don't Oct 23, 2015

samesteve wrote:

I know how to copy all source to target, but when doing so those 100% matches already existed in target will change to source as well.

Hi samesteve,

If you choose "Copy All Source to Target" then all 100% matches are left as they are. If you do one at a time they are replaced, but not if you use the other option to do the entire document in one go.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

samesteve
Taiwan
TOPIC STARTER
They work! Oct 23, 2015

Thank you both. That are what I needed!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS: How to copy all source and leave 100% matches untouched?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search