Thread poster: Karina Garcia Pedroche

Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:53
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 23, 2015

Dear all,

I have a client that exported a TM from Madcap Lingo into tmx format. I am trying to import it to the TM I created for this client in my Trados Studio 2015, and Trados tells me just that there was an error, and that it could not import the TM.

I suppose that if it is a tmx there should be no problem importing it. Do you think there still may be a compatibility problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:53
German to English
MadCap Lingo TM Oct 23, 2015

Hello Karina,

I have a client Who uses MadCap Lingo and MadCap Flare for his software documentation. At the beginning he sent me a Lingo TM in TMX format and I was able to eventually import into an empty Studio TM, this was Studio 2014, I've not tried it in Studio 2015. We had problems at the beginning and it turned out to be the languages. He had selected simply EN and DE and the TM wouldn't import. He changed it to en-GB and de-DE and all worked fine. Now I get files from him in English and German and proof read the English and then do an alignment in Studio and send him back a TM in TMX format for him to import into Lingo and from there into Flare. Up to now we have not encounted any new problems. The alignments are done in Studio 2015.

Open the TM you received in a text editor and check the language designations to see if they are the ones you have available in Studio.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import tmx generated with Madcap Lingo into Trados Studio 2015

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search